The mens group at church did a work day this morning,apr 13, 2019. It was at pastors home to move some heavy furniture in the house and clean up a bunch of leaner and overhanger trees, it started out at 8am with a fabulous breakfast of pancakes, eggs sausage, bacon,toast,coffee, orange juice, fresh fruit. When food and fellowship was finished the outside work commenced and I was given the easy job notching and dropping trees. The work brigade was split in 3 groups to drag limbs, split firewood, tend the fire pile, rake, stack cordwood,ect. I started out with a 455 husky nice saw, chains all junk. One of the guys had a MS170 Stihl, quite small for what I was doing but it was wearing a spanking new chain. Seven trees later it was time for me to find something else to do. My splitter was already there and one of the guys was taken away to haul brush to the fire with a garden tractor and cart, so I stepped in the splitter crew and helped with that task. They sent at least 5 full loads to the woodpile to be unloaded and stacked. At one point I was handed a small sledge to straighten the guide rails on the splitter that keeps the wedge tracked, one of the guys said he had never seen anyone with a sledge hammer in one hand and a chainsaw in the other,,, whatever works

Went to the Western Reserve Federal Cemetary this afternoon, it is a fairly new one open for burials in
2000. There are over 80,000 burials already, the place is massive. And they have just begun. My longtime
Buddy was place in wall 1 when it first opened. Vernon was a WWII USN Vet. Last count there are 36 walls just for urns. The place is going to take up the entire country block eventually.
Last year 60,000 live wreaths were placed on veterans graves during Christmas. That is a sight you will never forget. It snowed right after they laid them. I will be there this year to help place them. I think about 1600 people worked to get them laid down last year, they did it in one day. Sad that is the only reconition some of those guys ever receive. They just went did there job and quietly came home

Last edited by Fshook; 04/13/2019 10:57 PM. Reason: Add information