Rscipe corner....
Low fat pan shepards pie.

In large deep frying pan with lid

mince two cloves garlic and one small onion
saute garlic and half onion in splash olive oil.
add two pounds ground turkey, remainder of onion, a pinch of sage, 1/4 teaspoon thyme and 1/4 teaspoon cummin. cook mix, stiring until fully cooked. Add drained can sliced or diced carrots and stir. Top with one pound package frozen broccoli florettes.

Thouroughly Mix three cups flour, 3 table spoons shortening or olive oil, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3 teaspoons baking powder. Add liquid from carrots and just enough water to make wet sticky dough.

Spread dough mix atop mix in pan. reduce heat to lowest and cover pan.
(Sprinkle top with parsley flakes and paprika for color)

Cooking time will vary with total moisture, but by average around 40 minutes. Meal is ready when knife or toothpick comes out clean when poked in top biscuit mix.

Variations: vegetables of choice, grated cheese of choice. Works well with parmisan, asiago, gouda etc. Some like adding creme of mushroom soup or subbing mashed potatoes for biscut mix.

This is a variation of a dish my mother used to make using hamburger.... which was certainly NOT low fat.

The biscuit topping is a wetter version of cowboy biscuits she learned from mother in law in the 1940s. Basic rule: to each cup of flour add 1 tab sugar, 1 tab shortening, 1/2 t salt and 1 t baking powder. ~1/2 cup water. Cut shortening into flour, add sugar, salt and baking powder. Add wster while mixing to make sticky drop biscuits. Preheat oven to 375f. Oil còoking sheet and drop 3-4 tablespoon lumps of dough on sheet. Bske 30-35 minutes until peaks brown. Kids love them in winter with hot chocolate.

Yeah, I know I'm a barbarian....
Doc

Warning: Reading is addictive and may serve as a "gateway" drug to the unregulated accumulation of knowledge!