Well,--- Finally got the truck started. ---there are NO electric fuel pumps anywhere on this model year, ( 97), and they use a 2- stage mechanical pump on them, mounted it right under the turbo so everything has to come off to replace it.
Went to put battery charger on it to try turning it over again and noticed the positive cable on the right battery was white. (left battery looked o.k.), so went to remove cable and the bolt was ate in half, just sitting there not holding the clamp tight. ---- the starter turned engine over just fine, only wouldn't start. While I had that cable off and cleaned it, --I took the neg side off and cleaned it too. -- Then I had to put new bolts in the clamps and got them tight.
After all this I decided to see if it would still turn over, so I hit the heat cycle a couple of times and then hit start and the first piston that hit compression fired and died!!-- scared the hell out of me!! lol!!, so I ran the heat cycle a couple more times and tried the starter again, --- it was turning and firing and soon it started and ran like it always did!
The only thing I can figure out is that some of the sensors get power from the right battery and the starter runs off the left one, and until both batterys are making contact it wont run. --- A real work of art for sure!!
Still have a couple of injectors going bad , misses a wee bit on idle, but hits on all 8 at high rpm's.
Goofy automatic transmission not working the greatest, but may have found a "donor truck" that has a 5- speed manual with a new clutch just put in a while back. I really want to do the swap to the good manual transmission so if I can make a deal with the guy he will sell me the old truck. Actually he wants to trade it to me on an old Farmall 806 gas tractor that I have here and need it gone, so we will see what comes of this deal! Thanks ;sonny
P.S. ---- NEVER buy anything with a 7.3 diesel motor in it!!!!

"A machine you build yourself is a vote for a different way of life. There are things you have to earn with your hands."